Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Badwater

My friend Jarom raced in the Badwater Ultramarathon last week. It starts in Death Valley and ends up at the Mt. Whitney portal. I was part of the crew and was able to pace him for about 45 miles of the race. The entire race is 135 miles! It was one of the most amazing things I have ever experienced. I have never been so tired (only one hour of sleep during the entire race) but I loved every minute. Here are a few pics I took, but I really didn't have much time to take pictures. Our driver Rob Schopke took pictures and created a website from his truck as the race was going on. I thought he did a great job, so go to his website to get a better idea of what the race was like. www.triracer.com



Picture taken at the race start


How we dried Jarom's shoes


This is Badwater, where the race starts, the little white mark on the side of the mountain is sea level.


The crew and Jarom at the finish line.
The video is of Jarom's brother Heath, funny stuff!

3 comments:

Jarom's Running Page said...

What a great blog Leah! Thanks for sharing our Badwater experience with your friends and family, now people won't think I'm the only crazy one around here...hahaha. That video of Heath is freak'n hilarious...although I wasn't laughing at the time I was doing the cat-cow yoga pose...LOL

Thanks for the good times. It's funny to see the looks on people's faces when they ask me how I got a girl to be on my support crew and I tell them that I didn't ask her to come, she asked me if she could. They stand in disbelief, it's funny. Take care! Jarom (sub 48, we did it!!!)

Sandra said...

Hi, Leah!

You are awesome!!! Thanks for all your great help and support!
I could not do it! No, really, I couldn´t!!! I´ve always told Jarom, Badwater, NEVER!!!
Taila says HI! She wanted me to tell you that she got a bird here in Brazil named SKY :)

Leah Dozier said...

Say Hi to Taila for me! I miss that girl, what kind of bird?